Thursday, December 29, 2011

A new blogger and lots of wisdom

Fiona just introduced me to Helen who is new to Blogland.  Pop across and say Hi.  Helen shared this fantastic poem (author unknown) but as Helen says, clearly a very wise woman.  I thought I would spread the word as well as it really hit home after the business of the Christmas season and all the work involved in getting ready for the big day.


Dust if you must

Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better To paint a picture or write a letter, Bake a cake or plant a seed. Ponder the difference between want and need. Dust if you must, but there's not much time, With rivers to swim and mountains to climb, Music to hear and books to read, Friends to cherish and life to lead. Dust if you must, but the world's out there With the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair, A flutter of snow, a shower of rain. This day will not come around again. Dust if you must, but bear in mind, Old age will come and it's not kind. And when you go and go you must, You, yourself, will make more dust.

Thank you Helen for sharing these words of wisdom - you've made my day!!

2 comments:

Fiona said...

It's great you visited Helen.. and I loved that quote too
Hugz

HG's Blog said...

Hi many thanks, I think of this poem often. If I feel I should be cleaning the house.. I lay down to the feeling passes. Cheers Helen